CMS Engineering undertook the complete central plant ancillary mechanical services and distribution installation to supply chilled water, high temperature hot water and medical gases to the facilities within the Queen Elizabeth II Medical Centre Precinct, including the Sir Charles Gardiner Hospital, State Cancer Center and the new Children’s Hospital.
- Final contract value $45m
- Contract period 16 months
- Site activities 12 months
- Chiller capacity 40.3MW (4 x 9.7MW HV electric & 1 x 1.5MW absorption)
- Cooling Towers 54MW (4 x 12MW & 1 x 6MW)
- HTHW Generators 21MW (3 x 7MW, 170°C @ 1,500kPa)
- Max CHW flow rate 1,382l/s
- Max CCW flow rate 2,106l/s
- Max HTHW flow rate 104l/s
- Chilled Water mains piping – ±1,400m 900mm fully welded schedule 20 black steel in underground tunnel.
- High Temperature Hot Water mains piping – ±1,400m 350mm fully (code) welded schedule 40 black steel in underground tunnel.
- Condenser Cooling Water mains piping – 1,200mm dia fully welded SCHD 5 stainless steel