Karrinyup Shopping Centre
Multiplex / AMP Capital
The Karrinyup Shopping Centre Redevelopment involved an expansion from 59,874 square metres to 109,000 square metres. Completed during the Covid-19 Pandemic, Karrinyup was the largest commercial construction project in Western Australia for its duration.
A brief overview of the basebuild Mechanical Services installed:
– Total capacity installed of over 14mW
– 2x 3.5mW Water Cooled Chillers
– 1x 1.5mW Low Load Water Cooled Chiller
– 3x Cooling Towers matched to each Chiller
– 1x 1300kW Boiler, with capacity for future expansion if required
– 64x AHU systems of various configurations and sizes
– 28x Rooftop package unit systems
– Carpark, Kitchen and Toilet exhaust systems throughout the entirety of the development
The Redevelopment also included the fitout of over 300 specialty tenancies, being completed concurrently with the base build project. Some of the major new tenants in the centre included Hoyts Cinema, Aldi, Zara, Funlab, Goodlife, Coles & Synkro Gym.